We needed something yummy and healthy and fast today, as it's our co-op day and the cupboards are rather bare. I had some pumpkin puree to use, so I found a recipe and adapted from this site. We are all pleased with how these turned out!
Pumpkin Oat Cookies (makes 34 cookies)
- 1 and 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey (or use 1 cup banana puree -approx. 2 large bananas)
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbl coconut oil (liquid)
- 3 cups oat flour (almond flour is good, too!) I ground oats in the vitamix
- 1 Tbl flax seeds (grind with oats)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp salt
- Optional add ins: 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, dried cranberries, chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, coconut. . .
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper (or use a stone!).
2. In a bowl, mix pumpkin puree, banana or sweetener, oil, and the eggs until well-combined.
3. Stir in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon until you've got a smooth mixture.
4. Stir in an optional add ins now.
5. Use a medium scoop to make cookies on your stone. We like ours rounded, but you can flatten with the bottom of a cup if you prefer.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden-brown. Cool and enjoy- or eat them warm from the oven on a chilly autumn morning!