Monday, October 20, 2014

In the Details

This week I am preparing for a big trip. This is a big deal, because even though I've gone to MANY JuicePlus+ conferences, each time there are various and sundry dilemmas to work out. This seems like the most challenging trip to prepare for thus far.

For instance, how would someone take my kids to co-op? They would need my big van, of course. But if they have the van, how would The Lawyer get to work?

If The Lawyer plans to be home with the six but then suddenly has to be in NOVA... what do we do with the six?

How early is too early to ask someone to come and stay with my children? Is 7 am okay? Will the six manage until other help arrives? What if O sleeps in? He's a hard sleeper...

How about food? If I don't have meals planned and made, who will take care of that? Even though I have good sous chefs, can they step up and make meals for seven for several days?

Is it crazy to send five children to co-op without me? What mishap awaits this week? We've had bloody heads, keys locked in the van, splinters, meltdowns, potty problems... Can I really hope that anyone would want to take that on? (really, it wearies me just to think about it!!)

And the baby (23 months!) still nurses. That will be interesting. . .


Can I just say, right now, that I am humbled and overwhelmed by the Lord's goodness to us through this? It may be silly, but this feels HARD to me! Instead of preparing, I've been immobilized by the immensity of it all and unable to figure out how this will work. And I cried and cried on Saturday night and I asked my friends to pray for me on Sunday. . .

Psalm 6:9
"The Lord has heard my plea; the Lord accepts my prayer."

The details are falling into place (which seems none-too-soon to me, but I'm just SO thankful!). Crazy people who care about us have offered to do exceptional things (like taking extra kids to co-op and coming early in the morning, and taking the baby for the morning, and LOVING on my family.)

I was ashamed that I didn't have this all planned out better. I'm not packed yet. Food isn't made. It's late at night and I have lesson plans to email for Thursday and last minute things to pick up tomorrow and it is wholly incomprehensible all that I think I SHOULD do.

So I rest in Him.

"...casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you."

Our life looks messy, but I want to fall on grace and live grace and be okay in my weaknesses and mistakes, that He would receive all the glory.

It encourages my heart to know that the Lord knows the details, cares about us intimately, and is working all things together.

Living the adventure and falling on grace!


No comments: