A few of my not-so-favorite moments:
- G screaming in the public restroom. He's scared by the automatic flush and would NOT allow me to put him on the seat.
- Three of our boys in trouble for climbing on the trees in Williamsburg. And one for climbing on a wall. And of course we picked things we shouldn't and sat on things we shouldn't...
- Two of our boys bounced on a fence in Williamsburg... and it broke. (Humble apologies were well handled, though.)
- Children told NOT to get their clothes wet in Yorktown... were wet from head to toe.
A few of my favorite moments:
- Kids in awe watching glass blowers at Jamestown
- Big boys carrying tired little brothers
- Watching our brown summer kids totally loving swimming in the James River
- G, so happy about riding on the Jamestown/Surrey ferry. "More boat? More boat?"
- 5 biggest kids hauling water out of the well and carrying buckets of water in the Williamsburg garden. Over and over. They loved it!
- O talking to one of the blacksmiths at Williamsburg for a good long while, enjoying the conversation and watching him work on wood.
- Kids enjoying (free!) mini-golf and tennis at our facility.
- Every evening meal with our dear, dear FL friends. So sweet to have those good connection times with them.
- Seeing boys' eyes light up at musket and cannon demonstrations; easy to see what gets them excited!
- R answering lots of questions (correctly!) about history with our tour guide. This boy knows quite a bit about battles and historical facts. All that reading he does...
- Kids racing hoops down the street in Williamsburg
- Petting the horses in Williamsburg; the little ones especially loved this. "A neigh?" G would ask. "More neigh?"
- Picnic lunches outside; such beautiful weather! Every day was gorgeous.
- Mom conversations and life talk with my very good, longtime FL friend. My heart was encouraged, challenged, inspired!