Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins with Pecansingredients (Yields: 15 muffins)
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (or whole-wheat flour)*
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup sugar (or sucanat)
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 T coconut oil, melted (any oil will work)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 T unsweetened applesauce (I omitted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped finely
- 1 T coconut oil, solid (or butter)
- 2 T sugar (or sucanat)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line a muffin tin with cups or grease well with coconut oil.
3. Combine flour, rolled oats, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
4. In a separate bowl melt coconut oil and then add almond milk, egg whites, (optional applesauce) and vanilla extract.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just combined.
6. Stir in blueberries.
7.Combine pecans and sugar. Add coconut oil and stir pecan-sugar mixture until it is crumbly.
8. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full and top with pecan mix.
9. Bake for 20 mins.
10. Remove from oven and let sit in tin for 5 mins before removing. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
11. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days (I suggest refrigeration) or freeze for several months.