Love this! Just one Vitamix to clean and only 30 minutes to a sweet treat. These taste kind of like flourless chocolate cake- dense and chocolately. For more nutritional information or to view the original recipe, visit this site.
Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
· One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed very well (or 2 cups cooked black beans)
· 3 large eggs
· 3 tablespoons coconut oil
· 3/4 cup granulated sugar (I used 1/2 cup)
· 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract, optional (I didn't use)
· 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
· Pinch salt
· 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
· 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil or butter an 8 x 8-inch baking pan or set out your baking stone. I like to use a medium bar pan.
2. Place the black beans in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs, oil, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, peppermint extract as desired, baking powder, and salt and process until smooth. Add ¼ cup of the chips and pulse a few times until the chips are incorporated.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top with a rubber spatula, and sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips and walnuts.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan before slicing into 2-inch squares.
Adapted from http://mealmakeovermoms.com/kitchen/2009/07/10/black-bean-brownies/