Monday, July 4, 2011

And Now It's July

There are too many things that could be said about our last week in Lynchburg and our move and our trip to IL. Much has happened and there is much still to process. As I'm still tired from it all, I'll just give you some quick points on the past week:

1) Mom arrived safely and The Lawyer brought her back from Richmond to Lynchburg
2) The Lawyer and I went to pick up the U-Haul moving truck on Wednesday afternoon. . . and they didn't have a truck for us. We scrambled to notify our moving help and make other arrangements.
3) We were able to pick up a truck Thursday morning and (praise the Lord!) had help loading it.
4) As we finished loading the truck we found out that there was a problem with the carpet installation at the rental house and we were not going to be able to move in on Friday.  We prayed and called back and (praise the Lord again!) the installation was rescheduled for 6:30 a.m. and supposed to be finished by 9 a.m. when we arrived in Richmond.
5) Friday we loaded our mattresses and very last things into the truck and the back of the van. Mom and I cleaned up and then we all loaded up and left (just 30 minutes later than we had hoped).
6) We arrived at the rental house in Richmond. . . met our moving help there (praise the Lord for this surprise provision of people we didn't even know!). . . and had to unload the truck onto the driveway and into the garage because the carpet was not yet finished. (There were a lot of things not yet finished, including the dishwasher and oven and refrigerator which were being brought into the house when we arrived.)
7) The moving help left. My cousin took the four older children to her house and The Lawyer to pick up a rental car. Mom and I moved furniture. By that evening we had the house cleaned, beds up and made, and the furniture in. Then we had a quick dinner at my cousin's (thank you!) and brought the kids home.
8) The Lawyer and I took L and T to return the U-Haul and then pick up a dresser that someone was giving to us (thank you!).
9) The kids, my mom, and I left Midlothian around 5:15 a.m. Saturday and drove the 19 hours to IL... safely and rather uneventfully (praise the Lord!).
O takes a lunch break on loading day

R on lunch break with the Flower Moving Muscles

The "extra" fridge and the piano were the heaviest to load

L and M play out in the grass.

L left a "gift" for each of the Flower boys on their bikes.

The Lawyer and T take a break in the empty house.

Grandma and R work on a crossword at the end of the day.

The Lawyer with L and T, ready to return the truck.

No comments: