Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sleep Experiment- Night 3 and 4

"If you are not getting at least EIGHT hours of sleep each night you are pathologically sleep deprived."
~James Moss: The Power of Sleep

Night 3:
Nurse M and put him to bed at 6:30 p.m.
Nurse at 3:45 a.m.
Nurse at 5:45 a.m. and back to bed
Up at 7:30 a.m. - I like this!

Night 4: (a little off because we were out to a lecture)
Nurse at 7 p.m.
Finally fell asleep about 8 p.m.
Put him in bed when we got home- about 9:30 p.m.
Was inconsolable at 2:30 a.m. (when I was on my way home from another wellness event!)
Nurse at 2:30 a.m.
Nurse at 5:45 a.m.
Up at 7 a.m.

Night 4 was his first night in with L. She loved it... but I'm not convinced it will work. The first time M was up and The Lawyer went to retrieve him, she was standing quietly (and strangely still) beside his pack-n-play. I think she knew that she wasn't supposed to pick him up, but in her haze of sleep she couldn't figure out what to do. I knew that M was awake this morning when I saw her strolling past our bedroom door, baby on hip, headed for the bathroom. Hmmm.

No comments: