Saturday, January 1, 2011

Dwelling Place

It is a new year!  And if I had time to catch my breath, I would have time to assess 2010 and set goals for 2011. Time to think is hard to come by around here. Still, there is much to ponder as one year passes away and the new year stretches (Lord willing) out in front of us.

I'm inspired by Ann Voskamp, who names the years. And yet, I don't have a clear sense of where the Lord is calling our family this year. There is much uncertainty. And this is the verse that keeps coming to mind today:

Psalm 90:1
Moses prayed, "Lord, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations."

When I don't know where we will be living, whether in Lynchburg or Richmond, whether together as a family or separated, when I don't have any certainty of health or happiness. . . The LORD is my dwelling.

Oh, that I would learn this year to dwell daily in His presence, that He would be my home and would become home for our children. Oh, that I would be filled with JOY!

I am praying for a year in which I grow in joy and gratitude, in which I come back to my first love and dwell with the Lord. I am praying for depth in our marriage and perseverance in my personal struggles with sin. Believing that 2011 can be a memorable year for our family, I will call this the Year of Dwelling.

No comments: