Okay. Yum. I love fall! Not that it needs to be cold to enjoy pumpkin and apple cider and things... but it helps to be a little chilly. I made this up yesterday and we tried them today and determined that they are worth making again. I halved the amount of sugar called for in other pumpkin bread recipes, and used my baking mix from Falls Mill (but you can use all-purpose flour).
Chocolate Chip Pecan Pumpkin Muffins
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups canned pumpkin (1 can)
1/2 cup coconut oil (or softened butter)
1/2 cup plain yogurt
3 large eggs
3 cups baking mix (or flour)
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 and 1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar in mixer.
2. Add pumpkin, yogurt, and eggs, mixing well.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon.
4. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture, stirring just until moist.
5. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
6. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes or until done.