Sunday, April 25, 2010

"The Only Thing. . . "

R gets his cast off tomorrow. The three weeks have gone quickly, for the most part. He's had three baths, figured out how to ride a bike with one leg, performed tricks with the crutches, listened to hours upon hours of books on tape. . . and generally got on quite well. As we were leaving church today he asked me, "You know the only thing I don't like about having a cast?"

I knew, because he has told me before. Other people have been concerned for him, but I've tried to assure everyone that he hasn't minded much. This he confirmed again.

R: "The only thing I don't like is everyone asking me about it."

I feel the SAME way. There was a fleeting thought in the middle of the night that I didn't want to go to church because people would see that I was still pregnant. And they would ask me about it. And I would have to repeat the same information. It really isn't such a bad thing... but it is maybe the only thing I don't like about being 40 weeks pregnant (tomorrow!).

No comments: