Monday, April 5, 2010

37 Weeks

We are now officially considered full term, so the home birth will proceed as planned unless something unexpected happens to send us to VA Baptist.

I'm hot. Really hot. The nice weather is nice. . . and making me hot. I've had swollen ankles for the first time ever. I'm also experiencing more Braxton Hicks contractions than I remember with other pregnancies (but, let's face it; I don't remember.). I just don't have the feeling that I'll be pregnant for another month. Even though I was 42 weeks with T, I'm confident that the dates were off a bit. This time I feel more confident about the due date (April 25). O, R, and L were all between 37 and 1/2 and 38 and 1/2 weeks. . . so. . . we shall see!

Dear friends have had babies recently and I'm so thankful to see those precious little ones. I have moments of excitement to meet our own little Curtis (though mostly I'm too preoccupied to think much OR I'm thinking of all the adjustments to come). If the Lord gives me many more of these hot, uncomfortable, pregnant days I will most definitely be ready to face the challenge of bringing forth another One and welcoming them to our Curtis life.

No comments: