Sunday, July 19, 2015

Quinoa, Chickpea, Chard Salad

This was DELICIOUS! I'll post pictures (hopefully!) from my phone. I love versatile recipes like this. You could swap chickpeas for different beans. I used baby kale once and the next time I used chard from our TowerGarden. I didn't have toasted nuts, but didn't miss them. The dressing is lovely; feel free to experiment! We had this as a side. I like it on top of greens. It would also go well in tortillas or pitas.


Quinoa, Chickpea, Chard Salad

1 cup quinoa
1 can (or 15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
1 cup diced cucumber
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
3 cups baby kale or chard
1/4 cup diced red onion or shallots
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts or almond slivers

2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (I had less, but used 5 drops lemon essential oil)
2 tsp. honey
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup EVOO
fresh pepper, to taste

1. Cook quinoa according to directions. Let cool.
2. Chop veggies and put in a large mixing bowl.
3. Whisk dressing ingredients together.
4. Add cheese and quinoa to veggie mixture, then pour dressing over and gently stir to combine. Enjoy!

No comments: