A regular banana bread recipe that we adapted for muffins... I always add flax because of a study showing that just eating muffins with flax seed decreases a person's risk of cancer.
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
2 cups flour (prefer fresh ground whole wheat)
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sweetener (prefer sucanat)
1/4 cup oil (prefer coconut)
1 and 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3)
1/3 plain yogurt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/4 cup ground flax seed (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray muffin tins with oil.
2. Combine flour, soda, and salt in a small bowl.
3. Beat sugar and oil with a mixer until well blended. Add banana, eggs, and yogurt. Add flour mixture, beating just until moist.
4. Mix in chocolate chips and walnuts by hand. Use a medium scoop to fill muffin tins 2/3 full.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Makes 12-18 muffins.