Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Soaked Oatmeal Pumpkin Pancakes

Photo from http://lindsayleighbentley.com/2012/09/04/soaked-oat-pancakes/
I was on the lookout for soaked pumpkin pancakes and hoping to also use oats (because I have 20 pounds of them in the kitchen!), and came across Lindsay's recipe. I made a few changes, and they were gobbled up... so here is my recipe!
 
Soaked Oatmeal Pumpkin Pancakes
 
soak overnight in a warm place (at least 7 hrs, but 12-24 is even better)
  • 3 C. natural rolled oats
  • 3 C. (raw) milk
in the morning, add to the bowl of soaked oats:
  • 1 C. pumpkin puree (or 2 very ripe bananas, mashed)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 T raw honey
  • dash of cinnamon
  • 2 T coconut oil (add last)
  • 1/8- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
  • chopped walnuts (optional)
Cook on medium heat, turning when small bubbles rise to surface or when golden brown.
Top with home-made butter and pure maple syrup!

2 comments:

ericajmarshall said...

Did you have a problem with the pancakes not getting cooked all the way through? I'm leaving them in the pan forever and they're just staying pretty moist to doughy.

calli said...

I haven't made this recently, but I do remember them being very moist pancakes. If you add flax or other ground seeds, that helps. I made mine pretty small to speed cooking. Thanks for the comment!