Thursday, August 25, 2011

And Then This

It's nearly the end of the month and we can't spend anything. ANYthing. Really.

And then R (7) has a headstand misshap and a trip for after hours care and comes home (quite happily) with a splint on his finger.

He says cheerfully to his older brother, "Well, at least I got my splint!"

To which O (9) replies, "It's not fair! Why do you get all the medical treatment?"

And then, a moment later, he mutters, "I still think my toe was broken." (which The Lawyer and I vaguely remember.)

Oh, things aren't fair around here. No, indeed.

After our little earthquake experience Tuesday and a hurricane headed this way on Saturday, we have acts of God on our minds. The children are voicing their concerns. We (The Lawyer and I) are thinking maybe we should get some candles, fill up the van with gas, and perhaps even buy food. After all, the end of the month is still almost a week away! (and we can't spend anything, remember?!)

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I was thinking about you when I heard about the earthquake...glad to hear that you are all OK...hoping that God keeps you safe and that the hurricane is not too bad this weekend!