Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sleep Experiment- Night 7

Put M to bed last night at 6:30, before I headed out to talk to a basketball team (How to have a Competitive Edge!).
M woke at 8:30, when L went into her room for her pajamas (and turned on the overhead light). I comforted him and put him down again.
10:45 p.m. nursed (M was crying persistently and I was still awake).
3:45 a.m. nursed.
5:45 a.m. nursed. I'm not sure he ever went back to sleep after this. O brought him down at 6:45 a.m.

I can tell M isn't getting enough sleep. He is tired in the early morning and ready for a nap by 8:30 a.m. It's a stretch to make him wait until 9:30 or 10 a.m., but it seems like we do need to space the two naps for the day later so he can make it to a 6:30 bedtime. He could probably go to bed earlier and easier if I would get dinner together earlier.

He sleeps much better in L's room when he is by himself. He sometimes takes great naps but lately they have been interrupted because he has needed to use the potty. I'm in the habit of nursing before I lay him down but maybe if I would forgo those sessions he wouldn't need to get up again mid-nap.

At this point there are more questions than answers! And sometimes I think I have ideas of what to do, but just can't seem to work that out in our life.

No comments: