Saturday, March 19, 2011

Journey to JOY

My vow to the Lord was that if He woke me up in the 5 a.m. hour I would get up and spend time with Him. I had the unexpected joy of that time this morning and can hardly believe that my family is just now stirring. (While The Lawyer is gone most of the children are up by 6:15!)

This morning I flipped back through things I've written down in these quiet times over the past months. These stood out to me:

"He has to keep results that are encouraging away from us until we learn to trust him without them." (A.B. Simpson)
- This reminds me of my recent post that things aren't all seeming to work out the way I thought/hoped. What a great opportunity for me to trust more!

Psalm 5:3
"O Lord, in the morning you hear my voice; in the morning I direct my prayer to you and watch."
- I'm so thankful for this morning time with the Lord and the reminder that He is already working all of this out and I can simply pray and watch. Not only will these details come clear (house, car, clothing we need, financial burdens), but our eternal hope of glory will be seen!

"But, O what death it is to strive and labor, to be always in a hurry and yet do nothing." (Valley of Vision)
- I am learning to slow down. This weekend time is good for me to practice doing the things that are most important. I want to learn to strive and labor for the things that matter.

Ecclesiastes 5:18
"What I have seen to be good and fitting is to eat and drink and find enjoyment in all the toil with which one toils under the sun the few days of his life that God has given him, for this is his lot. . . 
5:20... for he will not much remember the days of his life because God keeps him occupied with joy in his heart." (emphasis for me)

Can I be thus occupied? With JOY in my heart? Oh, that is the preoccupation best for me! There will be much toil today- laundry and dishes and chores galore. . . and I have this mission of motherhood and also a business of helping others increase their wellness and purpose. . . and my days are few and numbered. . .

But this is the year of increasing JOY and I'm stumbling and tripping and learning.

No comments: