Monday, October 4, 2010

Deliberately Grateful

Since I am still reading The 4:8 Principle (Tommy Newberry), I thought I would share another excerpt today. This gratitude seeking is not natural to me! I'm afraid that I have given up a joy-outlook over the past few years and fallen into sloppy thinking. This book is a good kick in the pants/heart.

"Gratitude is a choice. It is a conscious and deliberate decision to focus on life's blessings rather than its shortcomings. Life will always have shortcomings, and it will always have virtues. When you focus on your blessings, your life feels abundant. When you focus on what's missing, life feels incomplete. As you know by now, where you point the spotlight is purely a matter of choice."

For these things, I am deliberately grateful today:

251) Rain clouds building up
252) Steamy cup of tea, warming all of me
253) Easy blueberry muffins- yum!
254) My children's eyes
255) Soft bed sheets
256) Vibrant yellow mums
256) A new book from a friend
257) Soup on the stove
258) Feel of boxwoods under my fingers
259) Autumn leaves falling
260) Family photos
261) Friday nights
262) Conversations of grace
263) A son on my lap
264) Warm front steps to sit on
265) Anticipation (Orlando!)


No comments: