Thursday, September 9, 2010

Today

These are words for me today:
From Psalm 4:1: "Thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress."

From The Valley of Vision: "Help us. . . imperfect, but still pressing forward, not complaining of labor, but valuing rest, not murmuring under trials, but thankful for our state."

From my husband: "Rejoice! in what the Lord has put before you today.  Remember that He has not put everything in your hands and under your control.  Remember that, we trust, He chose your kids before the foundation of the world.  Remember that He works all things together for the GOOD of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose."

So, I am choosing JOY today, for I know that the Lord is growing me during this time (with the house languishing on the market and my husband working in a different city). The days feel long in many ways, and yet there is so much left undone at the end of each one. I'm still learning to lean into Christ and not to trust in my own paltry capabilities. For so much I seem to lack today. . . and yet, all is mine in Him.

No comments: