Our usual pizza crust recipe for our weekly pizza night:
Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
1 and 1/2 cups warm water (115 degrees)
3 and 3/4 tsp. yeast
1 Tbl. honey
3 Tbl. olive oil
3/4 tsp. salt
4 and 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (freshly ground)
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Allow to rest 5 minutes while assembling other ingredients.
2. Stir honey, oil, and salt into 3 cups flour. Add yeast mixture and stir well.
3. Knead remaining 1 and 1/2 cup of flour into dough. Continue kneading until dough is smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes).
4. Rub oil over a large mixing bowl. Put dough in bowl and loosely cover. Allow to rise in a warm place for at least 15 minutes.
4. Divide dough into 2 (or 2 large portions and one smaller) and stretch and roll dough to make crusts of 2 large stone pizzas (or 2 thinner crusts and one additional smaller pizza). Flute edges.
5. Bake, in a preheated oven, at 425. (Sometimes we prebake the crusts for 5 minutes before topping; other times we top and bake until the cheese is melty and ready to eat.)