Friday, June 11, 2010

Ahhhh!

We made it!

Fed M at 3 a.m. yesterday and then prepared to leave.
Left VA at 4:20 a.m.
Arrived in IL at 9:10 p.m.
Fed M at 10 p.m., talked with my sister-in-law until nearly 11, and then went to bed.
Up with all the kids at 6:20 a.m. this morning!

The trip went amazingly well. All of the kids hung in relatively well. I do think poor M is a bit hoarse today from crying in the van.

Noted differences: I would stop at every rest area between VA and IL (good thing I wasn't in charge!). B would drive the entire way without stopping and using a "chamber pot" (as O calls it) when absolutely necessary. I prefer to park in a shady spot in the way back of a big parking lot or park to nurse peacefully. B pulls up and parks in the spot at the front door of the gas station when he thinks I'm serious that "M needs to nurse NOW." Things like this keep me smiling... all 815 miles to IL!

Thank you for praying for us. We're on for some serious celebrating!

No comments: