Saturday, February 20, 2010

Little Pregnancy Love Notes

Dear Maternity Pants:
I love you.
Even though I am not a size medium and you are; even though I don't know whose you were before I took you from my maternity box.
I am so thankful that I have you! It has been cold here and my capri pants were just not good enough. You have come through for me.
Thank you for surprising me, even after many weeks of wearing you. I wish you would have let me know sooner that you had an adjustable waist; that would have been really kind. Even so, you made me happy this week when I realized that there was more to you then I had previously known.

Dear Baby Widget:
I love you.
You make me smile every time I see you in the margin of my blog. Even though your countdown also terrifies me a little, I'm still glad you stick around. I admire your constancy. Thank you for trying to help me stay on top of things. I promise I will do something to prepare for this baby soon.

Dear Baby Belly:
I love you.
It causes me great satisfaction to rub you and feel your pokey-out places. Thank you for reminding me that life is always changing and that God creates new life. One of my greatest joys right now is watching the children delight in talking to you. You've been changing, though, and I'm sorry if I'm slow to appreciate that. I was disappointed to find yoga uncomfortable this week and I also noticed that bending over (in general) was rather unpleasant. I've also been running into things and people because I'm not used to your new dimensions. I guess there is just more of you to love.

No comments: