Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Heavenly Cake

It's been nearly a YEAR since I've added to this blog. Too busy with living life and checking in conveniently and quickly on FB. Blogging takes more time and energy (and clear thoughts!) than I usually have.

Yet tonight! Tonight my M (6) became a believer. He and G were tucked in their beds and I prayed for both boys. Then, he said that he didn't want me to die. He asked me what would happen when I died. He told me about the Bible account of the rich man and Lazarus who die. The rich man is in torment in hell. "What's hell?" M asked. (We have talked about it before, but clearly it was on his mind tonight.) I explained. Then, he said, "Mama, I want to go to heaven with you and Jesus. How can I go to heaven?"

So we talked. We prayed. I shed a few tears. He was beaming. (G fell asleep!) He told me he was SO happy; that his heart was happy. It was late at night for us (after 9) and yet he was SO excited. The Lawyer joined us and commented that the angels in heaven were rejoicing over M. "What do you think they are doing at the party right now?" I asked him.

"Eating CAKE!" he exclaimed jubilantly.

I love it. I'm sure there is some kind of cake in heaven. One day, I'll get to eat cake with my own rejoicing heart and my Lawyer and my M and my Savior. Oh, happy day! And how happy my own heart is tonight. . .

2 comments:

robin schmitt said...

Rejoicing with you!

Kristi said...

Just stumbled on this post. Thanks for sharing this wonderful moment. Praising God with you. Such wonderful kids you have!