Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Easy Ranch Dressing

Okay. This is a random post, but I have a recipe too good not to share.

We gave up on store dressings years ago (except our weakness for Garlic Expressions. Anyone know how to make that at home?!). I've only attempted Ranch dressing once or twice since then and wasn't happy with the results. My older children have since forgotten about the goodness of dipping veggies in Ranch and my younger children had no idea what we were talking about today when I placed a bowl of homemade Ranch dressing on the lunch table alongside fresh broccoli, cucumbers, and peppers. True, my version had a distinct green pallor, and yet all agreed that the taste was lovely.

I didn't totally start from scratch. I used mayo and sour cream from the store. The herbs all came fresh from the Tower Garden. (I used a LOT of parsley!) I put everything into the Vitamix. The basic recipe for Ranch Dressing called for 1/4-1/2 cup of buttermilk, but I didn't use any at all.

If you did want to make your own mayo, you could use this tutorial: How to make homemade mayonnaise.

One Vitamix Ranch Dressing

1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vinegar
1 tsp. Worcestershire
1 garlic clove
1/4-1 cup fresh parsley
1/4 cup fresh chives
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
buttermilk (optional; to desired consistency)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent! all of my friends and family enjoyed this dressing, thank you