Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tuesday Ten

This will only be 10 things, or 10 minutes- whichever is shorter tonight. *smile*

1. SO thankful for the sweetest baby shower on Saturday. The ladies from the church we attend hosted a shower for another woman and for me. I was so touched because most of these ladies barely know me and yet they surrounded me with love and encouragement, praying for our family and sharing our joy.

2. Baby things are fun- they just are. Sweet little home-made burp cloths! Candy cane stripey knitted hats and dapper vests and soft taggy blankets. . . oh so sweet! These soft and beautiful things are reminding my fingers of the sweetest, softest baby skin that I'll have the privilege of touching again...

3. Hurricane days are a lot like blizzard/snow days... except we didn't get much rain or wind (thank you, Lord!). The Lawyer got to stay home and the rest of us had school.

4. I know that traveling long distances isn't recommended late in pregnancy. I agree. After our 18 hour trip back from IL, I'm not planning ANY travel (to my midwife's relief!).

5. Soaked pancakes are so yummy that I've made them three times in the past week. They do take longer, though, than my standard family pancake... so we've been running late.

6. M thinks he needs to sleep with us each night (a recent development). I'm not sure if it is because he is cold or having dreams or just likes us (ME!). I do know that it's not so comfortable to keep my nine months pregnant body wedged between The Lawyer and a 2 year old.

7. O is 11! We had a great birthday celebration for him and he is SO happy. . . because he can join Boy Scouts now.

8. We still need a name for our baby. L, T, and M are all lobbying hard for their favorite... so it may just have to be included. (They like all names from Runner from Ravenshead.)

9. The autumn colors are so gorgeous. After this colder weekend and with things still wet, they seem extra brilliant and lovely.

10. Ten minutes is up! Time for bed - tomorrow is a marathon day with 5:30 a.m. BodyPump, then CBS, an appointment with my midwife, watching a neighbor boy, a gym class for the big kids, and a family dinner out. Whew!

No comments: