Monday, March 19, 2012

Gratitude Fragrence

It feels like spring (or summer!) in VA. The weather is warm and all spring things are in lovely bloom. Every once in awhile as I walk or bike with the children, we will catch a breath of amazingly heady sweetness. Quickly, we look around to see if we can determine which herbaceous blooms are delighting us. So wonderful.

Gratitude is a spirit I want to permeate me. It's a holy fragrance. When others brush up against me, I want to give off a sweet, pleasing aroma. I want my life offering to perfume the air around me! The Lord surprise-delights me; may I offer up thanksgiving.







946. Beautiful blooms, delighting the eye.
947) Heady aroma of spring trees in bloom; wonderful sweetness
948) Surprise delight of a chubby hand in mind
949) Family hikes; many great moments strung together
950) The Lawyer/ Photographer capturing this beautiful life!
951) Bark under fingers
952) Beaver tail slapping the water and startling us
953) Spontaneous dinner with friends- wonderful company and delicious food and the Lord provides another meal when I don't see how the groceries will last the week
954) Girl with braids, skipping beside me
955) Typing and typing at Scripture Typer... memorizing the Word
956) Touring beautiful homes and longing for beauty, yet content where we are
957) Winter squash in scrambled eggs, in creamy pasta. .  orange goodness!
958) "help" with the cross stitch sampler
959) Schooling in the sunshine on the back porch
960) The Word, living and active, for me.
"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. . . " 
(2 Corinth. 2:14-15)


No comments: