Saturday, October 29, 2011

Crayon- Removing Solution

Yay! Yay!

I just put our "ruined" load of laundry into the dryer. . . without the red crayon stains that were on them a few hours ago.

I looked on ehow for ideas to remove crayon. Even though I could barely stand to think of throwing away a load of laundry (rags, anyone?), I wasn't really willing to take wax paper and a hot iron to every. little. spot. on an entire load.

There was one ehow solution that appealed to me. I tweaked it a bit simply because I didn't want to use so very much of the ingredients. Here is what worked for me:

Fill washing machine with hot water. Add 1 cup white vinegar, 1 cup oxyclean, and 1/2 cup laundry detergent. Then add clothes with crayon stains. Let soak for 1 hour then wash as normal. Voila! I only saw two t-shirts with faint orange stains; everything else was fine!

No comments: