Monday, September 12, 2011

Bountiful

"Thy bounty is seen
    in the relations that train us,
    the laws that defend us,
     the homes that shelter us,
     the food that builds us,
     the raiment that comforts us,
     the continuance of our health, members, senses, understanding, memory, affection, will."
Valley of Vision, Second Day Evening- Bounty

Oh, my heart is so prone to complain and notice what I think I lack! By listing the things I am grateful for, the things I've noticed as God's gifts to me (us), I am working to retrain myself, to take thoughts captive and subject them to the truth of God's word. ALL this is given to me out of His bounty and for my good. Rather than think about what I want that I don't have, I will praise Him for all that I DO have! All of these are good:

751) Chicken off the grill
752) niece declaring that she wants to be "A Wellness Presentation!" when she grows up
753) another broken dish
754) first words ("pretty")
755) really good granola
756) surprise! new friends.
757) authentic, gospel centered community
758) bird watching
759) quiet savored moments at the end of books
760) sawdust in the garage
761) friends who made us their destination
762) strengthening words: "Thanks so much for this. Complete is an answer to prayer!"
763) JOY in serving others, sharing health with families
764) Brownies stale in the pan
765) holding a big boy's hand

No comments: