Monday, April 25, 2011

Gifts in Celebrations

Ah, such a week it's been! Last week was L's 6th birthday and our Passover dinner and Easter; so many celebrations! And in the midst, we had two home showings (without real interest) and The Lawyer came and went again. *Sigh* Sometimes I wonder how to hold on as the life routines seem to rock so violently from one day to the next. Today we are back to laundry and school and soccer and long read aloud books. The dishes wait for bedtime and the fare is simple and I bow my head many times to ask for wisdom and energy and strength to keep on. There is gift in this, I know it. May I call these things what they are and believe they are goodness from His sovereign hand- the same hand that bears my name. The same hand that bears the scars of nails.

586) Parting is such sweet sorrow. . . sweetness of saying goodbye to The Lawyer again
587) Celebratory cakes with yummy almond icing
588) Easter sunrise service
589) Hymns of triumph!
590) Passover meal with friends; pondering.
591) Peppermint for a headache
592) A little gift from The Lawyer- sweetness for later
593) Words from a friend, affirming that if I struggle and long then I am still His.
594) Crusty boule turning out just right
595) "The light shines on in the dark, and the darkness has never mastered it" (Jn l:5 NEB)

No comments: