Friday, August 6, 2010

I'm Learning, He's Great, BUT

He is still a baby and I still have a lot to learn.

Let's just say it was a looooong day. I messed it up to begin with, because even though I know it works to nurse between 5 and 6 a.m. and then lay M back down, I overslept until 6 a.m. and didn't wake M until nearly 6:30. Then, others were up and M was just so darn cute that they were talking to him, picking him up... needless to say, he didn't go back to sleep. M was up most of the morning (sucking his fingers and either cooing or fussing depending on who was around) and didn't sleep well during his morning or afternoon naps. Instead of feeling great (like I do when I'm "accomplishing" things), I wore M in the Bjorn and felt like it was hard to keep anything on track.

We had to cancel plans with friends because the children were struggling this morning with disobedience and diligence in their tasks. We couldn't go anywhere because B had the van today. I felt a bit stuck.

It seemed all day as if I couldn't quite get my footing. Having a(n unpredictable) baby will do that.

Just keeping myself humble and keeping things real around here.

No comments: