Sunday, June 27, 2010

Just With Dad

We went to a BBQ and Kickball get together with friends last night.

On the way home the boys were enthusiastically discussing the kickball game: the score, the highlights, the teams... all the things boys love. Three hours prior they didn't even know what kickball was. They haven't played a team game for years (since one soccer stint in FL!) It was clear that they were really pumped up by such a wonderful evening. . . which made my heart glad, too.

L (5) at one point added her opinion: "I don't like kickball. I just wanted to be with Daddy."

This caused me to smile. Today I'm still reflecting on it. I have a snapshot in my mind from last night: B in the outfield with L by his side and T (2) laying in the grass near his feet. (I don't have many snapshots of the night because not only did I walk down to the field with M (2 mo) in the Bjorn, but I walked back to the house with L so she could use the restroom... back to the field... back to the house with T to use the restroom... back to the field.. back to the house. That was the entire game!)

I love that L just wanted to be with him. When we love someone, we are willing to do things we don't care to do, just to be with them. Am I loving my husband like this? Loving my Savior?

1 comment:

Emily said...

Love this story...I am glad to know I'm not the only one who spends a bulk of my time at gatherings in the bathroom :)