Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday Madness

It's a bit crazy that I'm awake at 10 p.m. this Monday night, but I need to give thanks before retiring.

1151) Children so excited about VBS this week. I'm happy that I have outgoing, adventurous souls who embrace new situations and quickly make friends.

1152) The privilege of praying for the VBS children. I'm putting G (8 mo) in the Ergo and walking by each room, praying over the children, for their families, and for their written prayer requests. Today, I cried as I read the things concerning these little ones: deaths in the family, loved ones with cancer, fathers needing work. Though I am helpless to change these hard things for them, I have hope in the One who loves them fiercely.

1153) Homeschooling mom friends who have encouraged me lately. Though I look at the year ahead with more trepidation than ever before and feel completely inadequate, the Lord has brought sweet women into my days to speak kindness and truth to me.

1154) Free websites! I love a good resource, but our home school budget is never very big. A friend introduced me to this site and I'll be using it for fun Latin practice for everyone.

1155) Fresh cucumbers from the TowerGarden- so fun to watch grow and so delicious.

1156) M. I just love what 3 year olds say. Tonight we were in the bathroom and he wanted to play that we were different fish. "Starfish!" he would say; then, we would put out our arms like a starfish. "Puffer fish!" he would say, and we would puff out our cheeks. Then, he added "Tooth fish!" and "Scary Eyebrow Fish!" After that, he looked at me seriously and said, "Can I have one of your crackers?" (remember, I only thought I was taking him potty). "Sure," I replied, playing along. He confidently and immediately reached out, down my shirt and grabbed out an imaginary cracker to eat. I was so surprised I could only laugh. Oh, so thankful for laughter!

1158) Gorgeous weather. It really makes me happy to have the windows open. I love cooler morning walks and sitting in afternoon sunshine (without breaking a serious sweat).

1159) Sleep. I'm happy for every unexpected stretch. Last night G nursed at 11 p.m., 1 a.m., 3, 4:30, 5:30, and 6:30 a.m. If I have 10 minutes in the afternoon to nap it goes a long way.

1160) Baby goodness. It's okay if he needs to nurse all the time. He's busy crawling around, pulling up, waving bye-bye, eating more solids. His smile is completely winsome and I know this season is quickly passing.
O and G (8 mo) testing out our new "Inglesina" seat


       
       
           
           

       


2 comments:

Jennifer Dougan said...

Callie,

Nice to meet you. I'm hopping over from Ann's link up, and counting gifts with you. I resonated with your homeschooling thoughts, family savorings, and I grinned at your little one's starfish and cracker jokes. :) Precious, aren't they?

Have a great week,
Jennifer Dougan
www.jenniferdougan.com

Pylegang said...

Hey, Calli! Just discovered your blog and I love it! Wow! So many nuggets here on your little space. Thank you for sharing your blessings. "One thousand blessings" looks like an amazing book. --Angela P.